Tool Store Person | Iron Ore | Whaleback | Residential
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, within the Maintenance team your duties will include:
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- An eye on maintaining a high profile in the promotion of safe working conditions and practices, and actively supporting the Environmental Management systems
- Set and maintain high work standards that reinforce safe and effective work behaviours
- Participate in the driving of a continuous improvement culture within FPM and Operations.
- Can work unsupervised maintaining and adhering to our charter values and ODS
- Manages order confirmation, receipt and receivable of goods inwards.
- Assisting in developing, analysing and reporting forecast demand for tooling and equipment.
- Identifies deviations of deliveries against orders and creates remedial actions and reclamations against warehouse/ suppliers.
- Expedites urgent tooling requirements if required
- Collaborating with supervisors, maintenance and operations personnel in reviewing current tooling and equipment requirements to understand we have the correct tooling to execute all maintenance activities within the Bene department
- Audit dangerous goods and the storage periodically to ensure compliance
- Managing and updating tooling inventory
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Secondary level education is a minimum
- Trade certificate highly desirable
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
- HRW license - Dogging and Rigging highly desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook highly desirable.
- Demonstrated competence with computer based ordering and procurement systems, such as SAP
- Effective communications skills
- Ability to present plans and ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to implement continuous improvement concepts and techniques
- Minimum 2 years logistics and experience in a related industry or Trade certificate
- SAP experience desirable
- Experience with operation and maintenance management will be favourably viewed
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills
- Strong practical experience within the industry
- Demonstrated ability to work in accordance with stringent safety policies
In this residential role you will be based in Newman, Western Australia. You will be working at the closely located ‘Mount Whaleback’ mine site, which at more than five kilometres long and nearly 1.5 kilometres wide is the biggest single-pit open-cut iron ore mine in the world. The 7,000 strong population of Newman enjoys well-established town facilities including a newly revitalised town centre and sporting facilities. As a gateway to the Karijini national park, you will be in close proximity to spectacular gorges, water courses and stunningly unique landscapes. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible work arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Reference Number – 40367425
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend