Technician Electrical Dewatering | IO Asset | Jimblebar| 8/6 Roster
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Reporting to the Supervisor Maintenance in the Dewatering Crew your duties will include:
- Monitor the condition of the Dewatering equipment by conducting routine inspections; reviewing backlogs and delays to ensure its capable to achieve water movements in line with the Mine Plan
- Work with and maintain a workplace organisation system (5S) in the Dewatering Work area
- Monitor and report against the Auxiliary Maintenance work plan and elevate unplanned and non-routine activity or performance to the team Supervisor
- Understand bore fields layouts and processes
- Ensure area tooling and equipment are in working condition according to the manufacturers requirements and tested to the site requirements
- Ensuring accurate completion of documentation including drawings and technical reports
- Execute work orders as per schedule and relevant work instructions associated with the work orders to a high standard and in a timely matter
- Initiate updates to work procedures to ensure they are accurate and relevant to equipment as per the 1SAP process
- Provide input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affecting equipment reliability
- Validate quality of work performed by 3rd parties and the related service entry sheets
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Electrical trade qualification
- Substantial post-trade experience in the operation & maintenance of plant and materials associated with bore field operations within in a large scale open pit mining operation
- Demonstrated In field experience with power generation, PLC and SCADA Systems, bore fields, Variable Speed Drives water pumps and various civil earthmoving equipment
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to work unsupervised
- Computer literacy
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
You will be based at our ‘Jimblebar’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 8 days on, 6 days off roster. Jimblebar is the first Greenfield mine in over 40 years to be both developed and operated by BHP Billiton Iron Ore and is located 40kms North East of Newman, Western Australia. The outstanding facilities at the brand new FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, golf driving nets, outdoor cinema, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court; beach volleyball court, games room and TV lounge. All rooms at the village have access to 3G wireless internet and Skype, an ensuite bathroom, flat screen television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and a generous parental leave policy, which now includes Superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
Reference Number – 40152571
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply
Refer to a friend