Superintendent Maintenance Analysis and Improvement
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Queensland
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of businesses and commodities, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees are enabled to reach their full potential, where they feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the skills and abilities of our people are a key differentiator of our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
We are seeking a Superintendent Maintenance Analysis and Improvement to join the Maintenance team at Saraji on a 5 days on / 2 days off roster. Reporting to the Manager Maintenance, you will have the opportunity to showcase your business improvement and analytical skills and make this role your own. You will be a critical link between the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Department and the Site Leadership Team, ensuring performance metrics and reliability processes across the Maintenance departments are met and processes are continually improved.
In this role you will:
- Assist the Manager Maintenance to analyse current processes and identify improvement opportunities at an operational level;
- Develop, maintain and implement site wide process improvement strategies, ensuring compliance to process;
- Drive reliability, asset strength and continuous improvement.
- Partner with the site Leadership Team to ensure departmental metrics are being adhered to;
- Continue to identify, facilitate and deliver ongoing productivity improvements and cost reduction initiatives to ensure our right to operate as a low cost producer.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure compliance with and the continual improvement of the Mine Operating Systems and Safety Health Management Systems; and
- Ensure alignment and continuity of site based improvement discipline and process. Continue to monitor and maintain high standard of quality within the department
- Assist to develop and embed a culture of financial based decisions that guide the department to achieve key site targets
- Work with functional teams to deliver superior results for the Maintenance department.
- Engineering degree (mechanical or electrical) or trade qualification
- 5 to10 years’ experience in a continuous improvement position
- Technical background, with demonstrated experience in effective data analysis and reporting
- Ability to lead a highly professional technical team
- The ability to work autonomously while still maintaining stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- Six Sigma and Lean qualifications will be highly regarded.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Reference Number – 796056
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team
Refer to a friend