Principal Studies | Planning & Technical | Perth | 5:2 Roster
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
||Maintenance/Mantenimiento, Mining/Mina, Planning & Technical/Area Tecnica y Planificacion
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
The Principal Studies role is responsible for developing growth, sustaining and improvement projects for BHP’s iron ore assets in Australia. Reporting to the Manager Directional Studies, this position leads multidisciplinary study teams who deliver Opportunity Assessments and Identification Phase Studies for projects with an investment value of over US$ 100 million.
Your commitment and work of your teams will have a significant strategic impact that will shape our business, unlocking value of our low cost, long life resources. You will be supported by a range of relationships across the business, including marketing, market analysis, investment evaluation, projects and operations.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for strategic studies (from concept to prefeasibility level) of opportunities contributing to BHP’s growth, sustaining and improvement pipeline;
- Analyse and review functional input from technical and commercial streams and ensure alignment with business objectives
- Ensure that key recommendations and decisions are selected and optimised for value and risk, are high quality, robust and developed in accordance with BHP’s project systems;
- Coach and develop collaboration and cooperation in your teams to deliver innovative and value adding opportunities;
- Ensure BHP’s values are at the forefront of each team member’s mind;
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously;
- Engage effectively with Executives and other project stakeholders.
You will take pride in driving strategic options that enhance BHP’s value. Advanced problem framing and solving skills are essential. Success in this role will require strong communication and influencing skills, including an ability to produce high quality and concise written reports and presentations for delivery to senior executives. Clear articulation of your recommendations, supported by high quality analysis, will be essential.
- You will be degree qualified in engineering, science, commercial or mining related technical discipline;
- Further post graduate studies in finance or management (e.g MBA) are advantageous but not mandatory;
- You will have experience in investment evaluation and value management;
- You will have demonstrated technical and commercial acumen with advanced problem solving skills and strategic thinking, and
- You have proven experience in effectively managing teams of professionals.
You will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; parent rooms, and a generous paid parental leave policy which now includes Superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Reference Number – 40144797
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia
Refer to a friend