Project Engineer | IO Asset | Port Hedland | 5/2 FIFO or Residential Roster | Fixed Term
||Full Time - Fixed Term
||Australia - Western Australia
||Maintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina, Projects/Proyectos Mayores
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of businesses and commodities, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees are enabled to reach their full potential, where they feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the skills and abilities of our people are a key differentiator of our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Reporting to the Superintendent Projects & Modifications, within the Port Engineering team your duties will include:
• Project managing a portfolio of Modifications and Small Projects (<$7.5m USD) to the defined scope, budget, schedule, and specifications and in accordance with relevant processes and standards
• Providing technical input to the design process including management, process, design, contracts and procurement
• Providing input into the portfolio budgets, plans and schedules and where required, supporting feasibility studies, cost-benefit analysis, impact assessments and project business cases to obtain project approvals
• Engaging and coordinating multiple stakeholders during the execution of the works including Operations, EPCM organisations, contractors, government organisations and functional groups within BHPBIO
• Provide technical assistance and guidance for projects during the ID & Select, Definition and Execution phases
• Ensuring that the execution of any modifications and projects has been scheduled in alignment with 1SAP Work Management Processes
• Taking shared accountability for the performance of the Modifications & Small Projects team, promoting operational discipline in work execution, ensuring quality of completed tasks, enhancing technical knowledge of other team members and promoting continuous professional development consistent with practicing discipline
• Ensuring quality control of execution activities and that a safe, efficient, cost-effective system of work is in place
• Managing the handover to the operation / client
• Carrying out engineering investigations including preparation of plans, estimates, reports and recommendations
• Providing engineering advice and respond to queries on proposals
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
• A degree in Engineering (Civil/Structural/Mechanical)
• Project Management Qualifications will be a benefit
• Experience working on multiple Brownfield projects is essential
• Significant experience engaging with multiple stakeholders
• Experience managing all project phases
• Experience managing multiple small projects within a portfolio
• Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
The work site location is based in Port Hedland, with the role being offered as either a residential or FIFO basis for a fixed term period of two years.
As a residential option you would be joining a 15,000-strong population which enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini National Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies. Company housing and a relocation package will be provided.
As an alternative option, we are also able to offer this position on a FIFO basis. Should you decide to progress with us on a FIFO arrangement, your roster would be 5/2 4/3 flying out of Perth. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, squash courts, tennis courts, basketball courts, TV lounge and games rooms. Additionally you will have access to the state of the art aquatic and sporting facilities in the town of Port Hedland. All rooms at the villages have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: flexible working arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, 18 weeks paid maternity leave, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number 40183693
• We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
• This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
• BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend