Specialist Purchasing Supply – Global Asset Services (GAS) Supply | Kuala Lumpur
||Full Time - Permanent
||Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
|| | Singapore Standard Time
|| | Singapore Standard Time
Join our Global Asset Services Supply Team
At BHP, we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Opportunity
We seek a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic team as a Specialist Purchasing Supply to provide support and assist in supervision to the team and execute Global Asset Services (GAS) Supply processes to meet operational needs in a timely and effective manner. The successful candidate should possess strong SAP and Purchasing skills to support the Purchasing Lead in achieving performance targets, as well as actively participate in ongoing process improvement initiatives.
Key relationships that are critical for success in this role:
Internal GAS Relationships:
- Warehouse/Inventory/Supply Planners
- Contract Owners, Project Managers
- Category Manager (s) / Specialist
- End user/Purchase Requisitoner
- Principal Purchasing Partner
- Global Asset Services Supply
- Global Asset Services Technology
- AMO Team
The successful candidate should possess:
- Possess a good understanding of Procure to Pay within a high volume transactional environment.
- 3-4 years’ experience in Purchasing within a SAP environment.
- Exposure (and preferably hands on experience) within warehousing, inventory, repairable management, commodities and services purchasing.
- Demonstrable experience improving processes and successfully participating in implementing within a Supply, Warehouse or Finance environment.
- Good commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships, work with and influence a range of cross functional stakeholders.
- Possess good communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal.
- Be proficiency and experience in Microsoft Office Suite, SAP Procure to Pay or similar ERP P2P processes.
- Possess good working knowledge of process improvement processes and methodology
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
What we offer you
At BHP, we will provide you an environment to:
- be autonomous and support (you) to use initiative;
- be accountable and performance driven;
- work flexibly with a focus on outcomes, not hours;
- problem-solve collaboratively together;
- Activate your improvement mind set, experimentation and agile learning.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, clean office environment, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms
Reference Number – 40364080
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Do check out our Resourcing campaign video for more information at https://youtu.be/EXUjhFYbP1k
Refer to a friend