Lead Purchasing Supply – Global Asset Services (GAS) Supply | Kuala Lumpur
||Full Time - Permanent
||Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
|| | Singapore Standard Time
|| | Singapore Standard Time
Join our Global Asset Services Supply Team
At BHP, we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Opportunity
We seek a well-rounded and dynamic individual to join our GAS Supply team as a Lead Purchasing. Reporting to the Manager Supply Purchasing, you will be responsible to coordinate the activities of a team and provide leadership in performing GAS Supply mandated activities, ensuring effective resource utilization and operational needs are met in a timely and effective manner, in accordance with defined policies and procedures. The successful candidate should possess strong leadership qualities to lead the team in achieving performance targets, as well as champion ongoing process improvement initiatives.
Key relationships that are critical for success in this role:
Internal GAS Relationships:
- Warehouse/Inventory/Supply Planners
- Contract Owners, Project Managers
- Category Manager (s) / Specialist
- End user/Purchase Requisitoner
- Principal Purchasing Partner
- Global Asset Services Supply
- Global Asset Services Technology
- System Providers
- AMO Team
The successful candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Commercial, Engineering or related discipline.
- 4 – 5 years of working experience in a Regional or International Supply service provision position
- At least 2 – 3 years of managerial experience, leading sub teams and/or projects
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to engage confidently with stakeholders and explain complex issues, able to collaborate with multiple small groups of internal stakeholders or middle management level
- Experience in the delivery of Purchasing in a large MNC to a variety of regional customers.
- Thorough understanding of Purchasing functional process
- Working knowledge of process improvement processes and methodology highly desirable
- Understanding of internal audit controls and SOX controls
- Process orientation – shows attention to detail and is action oriented to follow and improve on processes and procedures
- Business acumen – understands organisational products and services, and applies basic business terminology
- Planning and organising – prioritises own work and completes tasks to assigned deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and decision making skills;
- Strong skills in SAP (MM module) and e-business such as Ariba is essential.
- Proficient in MS Office suite application such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and have data analytical skills and reporting capability.
What we offer you
At BHP, we will provide you an environment to:
- be autonomous and support (you) to use initiative;
- be accountable and performance driven;
- work flexibly with a focus on outcomes, not hours;
- problem-solve collaboratively together;
- Activate your improvement mind set, experimentation and agile learning.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, clean office environment, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms
Reference Number – 40359533
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Do check out our Resourcing campaign video for more information at https://youtu.be/EXUjhFYbP1k
Refer to a friend