Superintendent Governance & Technical Stewardship
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - South Australia
||Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina, Operations/Operaciones
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drive culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities. While Adelaide offers a quality standard of living without the high costs of most other Australian capital cities. Adelaide offers a Mediterranean climate, beach-side lifestyle, cosmopolitan cafés and restaurants and world class wine regions just an hour away. All this plus an annual international festivals and events calendar makes Adelaide a vibrant, cultured, friendly environment to live, work and play in.
This role operates on a 5/2 (Monday – Friday) roster arrangement, supporting choice in flexibly working between Adelaide and Olympic Dam
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Engineering (Mine), the role of Superintendent – Governance & Technical Stewardship has been created to provide leadership, direction and technical expertise in Mine Engineering to support the Olympic Dam Operation. This will be achieved through effective engagement with the entire mining operation including projects, operation and functional stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team.
- Provide input into plans, budgets, and targets for the sub-function and ensure delivery against them.
- Promote operational discipline and high performance in work execution and enhances the technical knowledge of team members (employees and contractors), ensuring they adhere to work standards and understand the purpose and functionality of critical controls relevant to their work.
- Monitor compliance to the defined Engineering / G&TS systems and processes including Management of Change.
- Endorse, lead implementation and monitors effectiveness of G&TS improvement initiatives.
- Review and approve the complete set of technical documentation (incl. engineering standards, equipment standards, specifications, procedures, programs and drawings) from which the Mine Operation is designed, constructed, operated, and maintained, exist and is in an as built status.
- Liaise with opposite Superintendent Governance and Technical Stewardship (Surface) to review and manage site wide technical documentation
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before 27th August 2017
Reference Number – 40311201
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend