Principal Project Services – Estimating and Contingency Management
||Full Time - Permanent
||US - Texas - Houston
|| | Central Daylight Time
|| | Central Daylight Time
Principal Project Services – Estimating and Contingency Development
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
BHP’s Project Center of Excellence (PCOE) includes a centralized , dedicated, and innovative team focused on identifying, achieving and maintaining the highest standards in Projects for BHP Billiton globally. As a member of our centralized PCOE team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other high performers to redefine the way we execute Projects throughout our business around the world. This globally-focused role will be based in our Houston office, where your diversity of thought and experience will be embraced and you will be empowered to make a real difference to our business.
The purpose of this role is to establish, maintain, govern and continuously improve global standards, processes, methodologies, strategies, systems and functional plans for Project Estimating and Contingency Development.
In this role you will:
- Identify leading Cost Estimating and Contingency Development practices, share them with the Project Services teams and embed these practices in Global Project Execution Strategies.
- Provide technical expertise and governance in the application of relevant Group Level Documents (GLDs) and associated Group standards, global processes, methodologies, strategies, and systems in the area of Cost Estimating and Contingency Development for global project and study execution.
- Collaborate with Heads of Project Services, Project Directors and other Heads of Major Capital Projects Functions to implement Projects Cost Estimating and Contingency Development strategies and initiatives.
- Evaluate key learnings, industry leading practice and innovations in Projects Cost Estimating and Contingency Development to identify opportunities for continuous improvement across the Regions.
- Ensure collaboration among the Project Services community, to drive knowledge sharing and rapid replication of best practice.
- Ensure interfaces for contractors and service provider’s processes and systems are clear and efficient.
- Ensure interfaces to Finance Functions processes and systems are clear and efficient.
You will have relevant tertiary qualifications, preferably in Engineering Construction Management, Economics, Quantity Surveying or related discipline; You will also have deep functional expertise and 10+ years experience in development and review of estimates for major, minor and Mega Capital Projects for the resource and energy industries including all project phases (identification, selection, definition and execution). Your experience includes development of processes, system and tools for use on a Project or Program of works.
You instinctively know what creates value and what levers need to be pushed. You relate well with people with an engaging style, which quickly enables you to build trust and strong relationships with your stakeholders.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and minority people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team
Refer to a friend