Category Management Specialist MRO
||Full Time - Permanent
||US - Texas - Houston
|| | Central Daylight Time
|| | Central Daylight Time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About this role: Provides specialist advice and executes Category Management activities in line with specified guidelines and business requirements to confirm surety of supply and minimum Supply risk for the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Applies Category Management processes in alignment with corporate guidelines to design intent, local operating procedures, and audits and Group Level Document (GLD)/Function Level Requirements (FLR).
- Develops effective relationships with internal business leaders to understand business requirements, to forecast demand, and to verify established contracts are effective.
- Develops collaborative relationships with suppliers to ensure optimum delivery quality and sustained performance in line with business objectives.
- Supports Category Management Leadership teams to provide insight into the current activities and initiatives within the sub-functions.
- Executes against the control framework for master data management; maintain and improve the quality and accuracy of information.
- Identifies and implements Category Management improvement initiatives with support from Supply Analysis & Improvement and other sub-functions as required
- Work collaboratively across Supply (Region, Global and across sub-functions) and operational stakeholders to develop and execute category strategies and align with standard best practices across construction and maintenance phases.
- Deliver sustainable unit cost reduction through developing and executing category strategies
- Ensure category strategy alignment to strategies for categories monitored at a global level
- Drive collaboration across the region to identify and execute opportunities to reduce external spend through demand, price and productivity (technology) levers
Sourcing Strategy and Planning
- Develops and executes sourcing activities contributing to the Supply Sourcing Plan.
- Collects requirements and analyses key data inputs from multiple sources (internal and external) to build robust category and sourcing strategies with a near, mid and long term outlook.
- Develops category strategies that minimise supply risk to the business, optimise cost and contribute to process automation and improvements.
- Validates category strategies and contract coverage to support the Business Strategies 2 year budget and 5 year plan.
- Plans and executes portfolio of sourcing projects enabling category strategies and manage on-time delivery minimising disruption to the business operations.
- Executes activities that contribute to the Local Procurement Plan
- Develops sourcing and negotiation strategies using market intelligence and best practice tools such as should cost modelling, eAuctions, TCO analysis and global sourcing
- Negotiates with suppliers & executing tenders of strategic sub categories to reduce total cost to the business
- Ensures integration of the category strategy across Supply (Purchasing, inventory and warehousing) to ensure lowest inbound supply chain cost
Tender and Contract Management
- Develops, publishes and manages tenders and their commercial evaluation in line with sourcing projects
- Coordinates the technical and any other non-commercial evaluation of tenders prior to negotiation
- Conducts and leads negotiations with suppliers post tender evaluation
- Creates, manages and monitors contracts
- Performs contract variations in line with business requirements
- Develops cost optimization strategies that deliver cost savings
- Promote efficiency and automation in the use of e-commerce solutions and existing SAP MRP sourcing functions
- Manages assigned portfolio of suppliers supporting the business ensuring optimal usage
- Performs supplier selection, qualification & on-boarding in line with local requirements and regulation
- Executes supplier performance reviews to track performance with contract and business requirements
- Designs and implements supplier development and recognition programs to maintain effective value based relationships
- Collaborates with Inventory Analysis and Optimisation to maintain accurate lead times with Suppliers
- Resolves supplier performance issues and escalations
Experience and Qualifications:
- 4 year post-secondary degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience with a focus on Supply Chain Management
- Develop and implement MRO sourcing strategies in support of worldwide activities (Drilling, Projects, Production, Maintenance etc.) focusing on HSE, optimization and standardization
- Support the training and development of Purchasing and Warehouse & Inventory personnel
- Internal/external benchmarking activities to achieve continuous and sustainable performance improvement
- Holistic knowledge of the supply chain (sourcing to installation in the field) for MRO materials to define and implement a strategy that will increase automation across all sub-functions in all areas of operation
- Proven ability to influence across functions
- Competency (commercial, technical) in specified category
- Sound understanding of oil gas industry and warehousing activities preferred
- Contract negotiation experience
- Ability to analyze complex business processes, risk factors and control systems
- Risk management skills
- Experience with ERP systems, material catalogs, e-platforms and contract management systems
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team
Refer to a friend