Water Services Technician | IO Asset | Central Pilbara | NPI | 8/6 Roster
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
||Maintenance/Mantenimiento, Mining/Mina, Operations/Operaciones, Processing/Procesos, Projects/Proyectos Mayores
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Western Australian Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland. BHP celebrates and actively promotes diversity of thought at all levels and strictly adheres to a series of core values outlined in our Company Charter
Non Process Infrastructure (NPI) ensures our potable water infrastructure is operated, maintained and governed to meet relevant Regulatory, Corporate and Internal management requirements. The provision of safe and reliable drinking water is an important organizational goal.
The Water Treatment Plant Technician will be responsible for the reliable operation, cleaning of membranes, and operational supervision of key critical control points of water infrastructure in accordance with BHP policies and procedures and operating license parameters. This includes the operation of the various water and waste water schemes.
Reporting to the NPI Water Supervisor, your duties will include:
• Demonstrate commitment and conformance to the BHP Charter, the BHP Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
• Work with your Supervisor and in accordance with site operations and maintenance procedures to ensure compliance to achieve the required level of safe drinking water for the respective operating areas.
• Complete daily sampling and instrument data collection in accordance with the operational procedures.
• Monitor alarms and take the necessary operational action to manage the risk to quality and supply.
• Perform preventative and corrective operational tasks to ensure reliable and safe operations of treatment plants which can include, reverse osmosis, cartridge filters, multi-media filters, activated carbon, UV disinfection and gas chlorination & electro-chlorination.
• Perform necessary chemical system replacements and organise disposal of used chemical IBC and drums.
• Understand bore fields layouts and processes.
• Monitor operational trends and escalate operational faults/ issues with respective water and source supervisor to ensure timely close out of those issues.
• Troubleshoot operational performance issues with Water Supervisor and develop improvement strategies where required.
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will ideally possess some of the following or be interested in developing the following:
• Mechanical, plumbing or electrical trade qualification. (desirable)
• Cert III in Water Operations (desirable)
• Valid Australian C class driver’s license (required)
• Experience in water treatment plant operations and maintenance activities
• Forklift (LF) High risk work license (desirable)
• Working in a team environment
You will be based at the Non Process Infrastructure (NPI) office located at our Central Pilbara (Mining Area C / Yandi) Operations on a 8/6 fly-in fly-out roster from Perth. In the NPI team you would be working alongside dedicated and outcomes focused employees that proactively approach the challenges they face. The team is focused on achieving the intention of our company charter in every job and challenges are seen as opportunities for improvement.
Our Pilbara operations are world class and consists of mines near Newman, which includes the 'Mount Whaleback' mine site, which at more than five kilometres long and nearly 1.5 kilometres wide is the biggest single-pit open-cut iron ore mine in the world.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
BHP Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Reference Number – 40345413 / 40345417
Refer to a friend