Technology Project Governance & Control Specialist | Technology Production Systems | Brisbane
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Queensland
||Technology/IT - Tecnología/IT, Projects/Proyectos Mayores
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
Join our new Technology team expansion
Our Vision is to enable a fully integrated and highly automated business from resource to market. BHP’s global Technology team is the coming together of a dedicated, innovative team focused on identifying and implementing new ways of raising standards and improving productivity, safety and environmental impact. We will be first to embrace new technologies such as VR, Drones, automation and everything in between to lead our industry globally.
As part of our Tech Revolution, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other digital drivers on projects that redefine the way we operate around the world. You will help provide a safe, smart and sustainable future for our people, products and customers. You will investigate, propose and utilise innovative approaches, tools and technology to add real value – embedding the internet of things and transforming services, our communities and our impact.
These roles will be part of our goal to double the size of our Technology team globally. Your diversity of thought and experience will be embraced and you will be empowered to make a real difference across our business.
About the Opportunity
This is a global role working with our project teams across our Production Systems. The objective of the role is to maintain the Project Management Framework and Process Manual. This will involve communicating and implementing project development, procedures and delivery standards.
A key component of the role will involve Governance of the projects. This will involve an independent review of projects and project documentation to ensure appropriate quality and compliance in line with BHP and industry standards.
Other duties to include;
- Identify and report deviations from compliance, lessons learned and integrate this into processes and procedures.
- Coordinate the provision of information management expertise and support to the Project Management Office, Project Development and Delivery sub-functions to ensure the optimum delivery of a project\program of projects.
- Assist in the preparation of Investment Approval Requests Coordinate timely responses to regular and ad hoc financial reporting
- Assists monthly with providing quality consolidated reports to the Production Systems team (Project highlight reporting, financial reporting, dashboards etc)
We are looking for candidates from a diverse range of industries with exposure to technology projects. This could be from a variety of industries including but not limited to heavy industry such as manufacturing, oil and gas, construction or more traditional IT industries. We want candidates that are able to bring diverse thinking and experience to the table which can add value and share learnings with the global team.
Essential criteria includes;
- Advanced Microsoft Office/ MS Project skills
- Forecasting and estimation skills
- Project admin and coordination skills
- SAP experience is advantageous
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) tertiary qualification is essential
- Formal Project Management qualifications (such as Prince2, PMBoK) are desirable
- Experience in project Governance
What we offer you
At BHP, we will provide you an environment to:
- be autonomous and support (you) to use initiative;
- be accountable and performance driven;
- work flexibly with a focus on outcomes, not hours;
- problem-solve collaboratively together;
- activate your improvement mindset, experimentation and agile learning.
Supporting a diverse workforce
BHP value and respect employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment where you’ll experience:
- flexible work arrangements (focus on outcomes, not hours);
- dedicated leadership and female mentoring programs;
- 18 weeks paid parental leave;
- state-of-the-art facilities with WiFi enabled indoor and outdoor spaces collaboration and versatility;
Join our Technology expansion
Take the next steps in pioneering your technology career and being a part of our Tech revolution. BHP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from men and women of all ages, including people with a disability and Indigenous Australians.
At BHP, our products are the essential building blocks of progress, fueling change that lifts the living standards of millions of people around the world. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability. Learn more about working at BHP and the exciting career opportunities that exist for professionals, undergraduates and graduates on our website: http://www.bhpbilliton.com/our-approach/work-with-us
Refer to a friend