Superintendent Track and Signals, Analysis & Improvement | Port Hedland Residential or FIFO 5/2;4/3 Roster
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
||Maintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina, Operations/Operaciones, Processing/Procesos, Projects/Proyectos Mayores
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton, we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of businesses and commodities, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees are enabled to reach their full potential, where they feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the skills and abilities of our people are a key differentiator of our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
The A&I Leader’s role is to identify, lead, and execute the Continuous Improvement strategy via structured improvement methodologies for Track & Signals to deliver bottom line, quantified results. This includes performing business assessment, planning, facilitation, execution of improvement projects, and sustainment through standard work and procedures. The Superintendent will drive the cultural transformation through the business building effective matrix teams and driving involvement and talent development.
Reporting to the Manager Track & Signals, within the Track & Signals team your duties will include:
• Embraces a “long-term thinking” philosophy and leads or heavily influences Rail and department Strategy and 5 Year Plan.
• Strongly believes in and passionately demonstrates that “the right process will lead to the right results”.
• Acts as the custodian of the design blueprint of High-Performance Centres (HPCs) within department, routinely coaches HPC facilitators and verifies effectiveness of HPCs.
• Drives a performance culture where individuals trust each other, feel safe to speak up and constructively challenge each other allowing diverse ideas to emerge and the best ones to be selected.
• Strives to improve the understanding of the condition of all assets under the custodianship of department and oversees the analysis and synthesis of all data to inform improvement priorities.
Skills and Experience
Ideally, you will be a people manager who has come from a track engineering background. You will be the person driving analysis and improvement and setting strategies for the team, therefore, a high level of technical knowledge and competency is necessary to be able to understand and convey information and plans to the team.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
• Degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Supply Chain Management, Science, Commerce, or a related discipline
• Current full West Australian “C” class motor vehicle license or current equivalent Australian State motor vehicle license
• Understanding of track maintenance failure modes
• Exposure to Toyota Production System, Lean, or Theory of Constraints
• Operational experience in rail infrastructure maintenance and/or renewals
• Prior exposure to heavy-haul railroad environment
Port Hedland – FIFO
You will be based at Port Hedland on a fly-in fly-out [insert roster] roster. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, TV lounge and games rooms. Additionally you will have access to the state of the art aquatic and sporting facilities in the town of Port Hedland. All rooms at the villages have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
RESIDENTIAL IS ALSO AN OPTION
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible work arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, which now includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Reference Number – 40082232
• We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
• This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
• BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend