Engineer - Analysis and Improvement
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - South Australia
||MCOE - Maintenance Planning, Maintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drives culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
Come and be a part of this success.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver.
The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Adelaide, offers quality standard of living without the high costs of most other Australian capital cities. Adelaide offers a Mediterranean climate, beach-side lifestyle, cosmopolitan cafés and restaurants and world class wine regions just an hour away. All this plus an annual international festivals and events calendar makes Adelaide a vibrant, cultured, friendly environment to live, work and play in.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 5/2 roster, with residential or FIFO to Adelaide options available.
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Maintenance A&I, you will provide specialist advice and execute analysis and benchmarking of the Maintenance function's end-to-end performance. This will tie into you identifying and implementing improvement initiatives that enable functional excellence and continuous improvement.
In this role you will:
- Analyse performance metrics and benchmarks performance across the function in other BHP Billiton businesses
- Verification of adherence to local operating/work procedures, audit & GLD obligations
- Implement maintenance work plans to validate the integrity of plant, equipment and infrastructure in accordance with and compliant to defined standards and procedures defined by Engineering
- Prepare the inputs and produces the budget for the Maintenance function
- Review execution results from current weekly work schedule to support & ensure compliance of preventative work
- Analyse life of plant, equipment and infrastructure and determine equipment capability assumptions based on the 2 year Production plan
- Perform detailed analysis of end-to-end work processes, master data, work instructions and organisational design to identify inefficiencies in work execution and opportunities for improved business outcomes
- Initiates root cause analysis and “failure type” reviews
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- Degree qualified in Engineering, ideally Mechanical or Maintenance
- Experience working as an engineer exposed to maintenance and reliability
- Problem solving and lateral thought process-orientated
- Ability to develop and foster collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships
- Excel skills that are highly developed
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before 5th July 2017
Reference Number – 40338789
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend