Superintendent Hoist (Mine)
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - South Australia
||Maintenance/Mantenimiento, Engineering/Ingeniería, Mining/Mina
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drives culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
Come and be a part of this success.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver.
The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Adelaide offers a Mediterranean climate, beach-side lifestyle, cosmopolitan cafés and restaurants and world class wine regions just an hour away. All this plus an annual international festivals and events calendar makes Adelaide a vibrant, cultured, friendly environment to live, work and play in.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 5/2 roster (some flexibility available), with residential or FIFO to Adelaide options available.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Mine Maintenance this role leads the team in the maintenance of the Hoisting plant, equipment and infrastructure through overseeing the compliance to the weekly work schedule, work instructions and processes to ultimately achieve optimal and safe outcomes.
In this role you will:
- Monitor Maintenance Execution processes to support compliance with GLD requirements
- Champion the implementation and monitor effectiveness of Maintenance Execution improvement initiatives and supporting the Maintenance Analysis & Improvement group
- Oversee and guide the execution of the weekly work schedule and shutdown schedules to mitigate unscheduled work requirements
- Develop constructive cross-functional relationships across the operation to optimise maintenance and production outcomes
- Contribute to the development of the maintenance strategy and budget
- Provide engaging leadership and guidance to develop capability throughout the team
- Oversee the delivery of training and ensure that allocation of training resources for the maintenance function is effective
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team
- Tertiary qualified in Mining. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience working within a similar role with Underground experience
- Demonstrated experience leading a team focussed on continuous improvement
- Influencing skills that effectively encourage collaboration between departments and groups
- Experience working Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in ‘Safety Leadership’
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before 2nd July 2017
Reference Number – 40015960
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend