Specialist Process Engineer | Iron Ore | Yandi | FIFO 5/2 4/3 Roster
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
You like a team environment and is a team player. You have a strong commitment to safety. You have good analytical skills, but an even stronger drive to problem solve and to turn analysis into tangible and sustainable results. You are an organised person who can power through a “to do” list. You are a self-starter who identifies processes improvement projects and see them through to completion.
About the role:
Reporting to the Superintendent Process Analysis and Improvement within the Yandi Processing Production team, this position will be responsible for verifying, analysing and improving plant performance to safely deliver the most value to the business.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- Demonstrates an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Verify and improve production standards and operating philosophies that ensure effective production process controls are maintained.
- Benchmark, monitor and analyse the performance of the production processes and outcomes to ensure plant production is predictable, stable and consistently operating at the target level of performance and within normal variation.
- Leverage problem-solving skills to identify process and production problems, prioritise value adding opportunities and create practical, sustainable solutions for performance improvement in plant availability/utilisation/rate to ensure we safely meet our business plan in a stable predictable manner.
- Supports implementation of solutions ensuring end-to-end delivery of performance solutions from diagnosis through to implementation
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and work to improve cost performance.
- Actively utilises engagement skills to build customer relationships and understand business problems from their perspective
Your skills and experience:
If you are an outcome focused, energetic person who is passionate about safety and have the ability to build great relationships within our team, then you will be an ideal candidate to be part of our site family.
As well you will possess the following:
- A Bachelor degree in either Applied Science or Engineering specializing in Mineral Processing or Metallurgy
- Two to five years of experience at process, production or internal improvement teams
- Demonstrated oral and written English language proficiency
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
- Extensive experience in applying analytical skills and problem solving in order to develop business solutions
- Effective personal management skills, with a track record of successfully self-managing projects and work streams
- Outstanding interpersonal, engagement and collaboration skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Considerable experience in developing presentations and reports
You will be based at our 'Yandi' mine on a fly-in fly-out 5:2 4:3 off roster. Yandi is located approximately 170kms North of Newman West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, squash, tennis and basketball courts, golf driving range, mini golf, netted cricket pitch, beach volleyball court and recreation room. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, internet, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Find out more about our benefits in each location on our People & Careers Page at our website
Reference Number – 40284673
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
Refer to a friend