Technician Production Execution - Concentrator
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - South Australia
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
|| | Cen. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drive culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
Come and be a part of this success.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7/7 roster pattern roster arrangement.
About the role
We are currently inviting applications for a Production Technician in the Concentrator area. Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will be an active team member who is responsible for maintaining and monitoring safe production within the area.
In this role you will:
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- Be a proactive team member and show initiative in all areas of your work
- Contribute to the achievement of production targets by ensuring the safe operation of plant
- Monitor throughput and processes by way of visual inspections, sampling and use of the Citect control system
- Review procedures, work instructions and equipment isolation methods
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping within the work area
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way
- No formal qualifications are necessary, sound literacy and numeracy skills are essential, whilst having the ability to be proactive and show initiative
- Experience in a production environment will be advantageous
- Able to display effective communication skills whilst following relevant work procedures
- Adherence to, and promotion of safe working practices and procedures is essential
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before 5pm Sunday 4 June 2017.
Reference Number – 40013363
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend