Engineering Technician Electrical | IO Asset | Area C | 8/6 Roster
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
If you are an outcome focused, energetic person that is passionate about safety and have the ability to build great relationships within our team, then you will be an ideal candidate to be part of our site family.
Reporting to the Maintenance Execution Supervisor within the Non Process Infrastructure team, your duties will include:
- Ensuring that you manage the risks associated with your work, ensuring controls are in place so that you and your team go home safe everyday.
- Demonstrate visible safety leadership to promote a culture of zero harm through appropriate time in the field and endorsement of the quality of Take 5 and JHA’s for all appointed Contract Labour
- Monitor compliance against HSE policies, procedures and systems through an effective audit process
- Accept accountability for your performance by ensuring quality of tasks, services and advice to the operation and asset functions
- Support the implementation of Contract works to ensure smooth delivery of planned work
- Ensure compliance to the 1SAP process for work execution and capture related transactional data into the 1SAP system
- Execute work orders as per schedule and relevant work instructions associated with the work orders
- Provide input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affecting equipment reliability
- Ensure adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process
- Ensure returns of unused or reparable materials are processed accurately
- Review and request updates to Work Management and other Master Data as required (e.g. Task List and Work Instructions)
- Monitor and report against the NPI CAV Maintenance work plan and elevate unplanned and non-routine activity or performance to the Supervisor
- Identify inefficiencies and work to remove such inefficiencies with the support of your Line Manager
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will possess most of the following or be interested in developing these skills:
- Electrical Trade certificate and current valid Western Australia Electrical Worker’s licence – Mandatory.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a tight knit and supportive team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with a basic computer literacy
- Good analytical skills for high level of problem solving, fault finding and sharing solutions
- Ability to plan and organise to complete a task
- Experience with fault finding control circuits and commercial kitchen systems is an advantage but training will be provided.
- Data cabling and communication experience an advantage.
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
You will be based at our ‘Area C’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 8/6 roster. Our Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number – 40126763
We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately
This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend