Supervisor Maintenance LTRC | Port Hedland
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Non Processing Infrastructure (NPI) Superintendent, within the NPI team your duties will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
- Model an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Development of on-going plans to improve service provision, safety, sustainability and value at the camp
- Engage with stakeholders to understand their needs, manage expectations (incl customer surveys)
- Manage the onsite accounts requirements including but not limited to: raising Service Entry Sheets, Purchase Requests, accruals and monthly accounts
- Input to the preparation of annual budgets (Operating and Capital as they relate to NPI CAV’s Operations area)
- Monthly reporting of contractors against contracted reporting metrics/KPI’s
- Monitoring contractors on a daily, weekly and monthly basis aligning to the BHPBIO Contractor Management Framework
- Regularly engage with stakeholders and work with them to provide quality services as required and in unison with the Superintendent Camp Operations
- Demonstrate effective management of HSEC incidents by ensuring that relevant incidents and hazards are identified, reported, investigated and managed
- In absence of the Superintendent Camp Operations, the Supervisor will be expected to act as the representative for all matters related to the operations at the villages and service contracts
- Work collaboratively with the other NPI CAV’s Operations Supervisors and contribute towards short term and Long Term FIFO accommodation strategies
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Electrical Trade/relevant qualification within an equivalent industry and/or organisational experience
- Contractor management experience
- Previous experience in either asset, facilities or hospitality management at supervisor level
- Strong commercial & financial acumen
- Knowledge and experience in Food Safety requirements
- A proven track record of safety management
- Incident management experience/knowledge
- Good communication skills, to include addressing large work groups
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications and SAP
- Logistics – ground and passenger (aviation & buses)
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
You will have the choice of a residential role living in Port Hedland and being shuttled to our Redmont location or FIFO directly to Redmont. Both options are on an 8:6 roster.
If you choose the residential role, you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
Redmont is located on the BHPB rail line, approximately 240kms South East of Port Hedland, West Australia. The facilities at the FIFO village include a fully equipped gym, swimming pool and sports courts. All rooms at the villages have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: flexible working arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, 18 weeks paid maternity leave, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number – 40306983
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Refer to a friend