Coordinator Accommodation and Flights
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Queensland
||Support Services/Servicios de Apoyo
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for a suitably experienced Coordinator Accommodation and FIFO, based in our Brisbane office. The primary purpose of this position is to coordinatetravel and accommodation for BMA’s contracted workforce across Daunia and Caval Ridge mines, each located in the Bowen Basin region. This is a Monday to Friday position, however after hours on call work will be required.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in liaising with both site-based personnel and external accommodation and flight provider's to achieve a high level of accuracy in relation to accommodation and flight bookings, forecasting and issue resolution. The successful candidate will receive excellent training and development and work with a high performing team to achieve objectives that will impact the whole of business operations.
In this role you will:
- Supervise & provide leadership and direction to a small team of Accommodation and FIFO Officers, ensuring compliance with operating standards procedures, work instructions and defined processes to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Liaise with internal & external facilitators, notably accommodation and charter flight providers, to ensure the effective use of resources in the provision of accommodation and charter flight options, maximising utilisation and availability.
- Embed key safety processes designed by the function to ensure compliance requirements are met.
- Development and implementation of optimisation initiatives for cost saving and process improvement purposes in the FIFO and Accommodation space.
- Previous leadership experience and a forward thinker
- Previous administrator experience with excellent data entry and analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Confident in own abilities
- Fair and flexible
- Proven attention to detail and problem solving abilities
- Dedication to continuous improvement
- Multi-tasking abilities to manage competing priorities within tight time frames; and
- Self-motivated to work autonomously within a wider team
- VAMS and 1SAP experience highly desirable; SAM experience highly beneficial
- Willingness and ability to travel to site on a monthly basis
You will thrive on the challenges of a busy role and take pride in providing a critical service to the mine sites, business and value the exposure to whole of mine operations. Your thirst for knowledge and previous experience in an accommodation, flights, client services or in an analysis role will prepare you well for this next step in your career with BMA. Simply, the best people in coal.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Reference Number – 791379
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team
Refer to a friend