Kalgoorlie - Warehouse Officer
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
||Mining/Mina, Operations/Operaciones, Processing/Procesos
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
The health and safety of our people and our host communities is a value that drives the way we work. Our consolidated commitment to achieving the highest level of safety performance stands at the forefront of our planning, actions and behaviours.
Warehouse Officer – Kalgoorlie
- Residential role on Monday to Friday 5/2 day shift roster (Not FIFO);
- Ongoing career development opportunities;
- Excellent opportunity to join the world's largest diversified miner
The primary purpose of this role is competent completion of supply processes to ensure the availability of Commodities (Goods) and Capital requirements necessary for Work Management tasks to be completed efficiently and effectively.
The Warehouse Officer role is a crucial customer service position. Responsibilities include warehouse operations such as stock receipting, goods issuing, despatching of stock, loading/unloading freight, stocktaking, controlling dangerous goods, general warehouse housekeeping and championing continuous improvement initiatives. Candidates will be required to operate forklifts and be familiar with SAP computer software or similar.
Skills and Requirements
- WA C Class Driver's licence is mandatory;
- Computer literate, ideally with SAP or similar stock inventory computer system experience;
- A strong safety focus, team-oriented attitude with a continuous drive to improve;
- Attention to detail is paramount as well as the ability to work without supervision;
The following skills will be highly regarded:
- High Risk Forklift qualification;
- Strong communication and customer service experience essential
- A solid working history and experience in a warehouse environment, ideally with mining and parts interpreting background;
- Experience with reconciliation of bulk stock;
- A good understanding of the Transport & Logistics industry;
- Certificate III or IV in Transport and Logistics.
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in background screening, including a criminal history, identity and qualifications check.
On offer is a range of employee benefits including development and career opportunities together with competitive remuneration package, including share options, generous superannuation contributions, 18 weeks of paid parental leave, performance based bonuses and a great working environment.
Nickel West Kalgoorlie
Nickel West Kalgoorlie has the capacity to produce up to 110,000 tonnes per annum of nickel matte. Nickel West Kalgoorlie incorporates a flash furnace smelter, converters and an acid plant. A thriving regional centre, Kalgoorlie offers contemporary modern living, a vibrant sense of community and breathtaking rural landscapes Australia. All Kalgoorlie roles are residential. As part of our commitment to health and safety Nickel West Kalgoorlie is a smoke free operation.
Applications for this position will close on Friday 8th of March 2017; however we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the 'apply' button below.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Nickel West support Indigenous and Female participants in the workforce.
Refer to a friend