Northern Operations - Administrator
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
The health and safety of our people and our host communities is a value that drives the way we work. Our consolidated commitment to achieving the highest level of safety performance stands at the forefront of our planning, actions and behaviours.
Nickel West Leinster – Administrator –Leinster
- Residential – 40 hour week (Monday to Friday)
- Great town facilities
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Administrator will be responsible for administration duties and supporting the Town Maintenance team.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Arranging travel and accommodation for the Maintenance department, including assisting with the on-boarding of new employees
- Update rosters and training requests
- Cost management including vendor payments, purchase orders and monitoring of timesheets
- Provide administrative support to Supervisors, Planners and team member requests
- Assist with Department meetings (coordination, agenda and minutes)
- Providing support with regards to HSEC reporting and management of action lists and
- Assist with the preparation, filing and distribution of performance enhancement plans, and personal development plans
Skills and Requirements
- A solid background in administration is a must to be successful for this position
- Preferably, prior experience will have been in a maintenance field and working with large teams
- SAM experience highly recommended
- Systems experience in SAP is preferred but not a must
- A current Australian Driver's Licence is mandatory
- A mature, assertive and organised approach to your work and ability to negotiate with key contacts to get win-win outcomes will be key aspects to being successful in this position
Company Description - Nickel West
A member of the BHP Billiton Group, Nickel West produces nickel in-concentrate and has its operations located throughout Western Australia - comprising mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery.
Nickel West Leinster
Nickel West Leinster is located 375 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. The operation sources nickel ore from the Perseverance Underground Mine and Cliffs Underground Mine before crushing and processing to produce a concentrate. The Leinster Village and Township offer a unique lifestyle with all the modern conveniences – an Olympic size swimming pool, health and fitness centre, race-course and even an 18 hole golf course.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
Short listing for this position will commence on 3rd of March 2017, however we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the 'apply' button below.
BHP Billiton Nickel West actively supports a diverse workforce and encourages Indigenous and Female applicants to apply
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Refer to a friend