Superintendent Execution Project Control (PDM)
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Queensland
||Engineering/Ingeniería, Operations/Operaciones, Projects/Proyectos Mayores
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of businesses and commodities, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees are enabled to reach their full potential, where they feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the skills and abilities of our people are a key differentiator of our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
To control all shutdown projects from cradle to grave according to the BMA Shutdown Management Framework, manage 5YR shutdown plan for BMA by optimising the scheduled outages of major equipment
Provides leadership and direction in structuring and controlling the project scope, developing predictable cost estimates, and achievable plans and schedules, monitoring budgets, commitments and actual costs, managing changes, measuring progress and reporting/analysing forecasts to influence on-time and on budget delivery of the project's objectives. Oversees and manages the deployment, management and development of Project Services resources
- Provides expertise and management of Project Services resources deployed into a project team.
- Implements capability development plans to ensure appropriately skilled Project Services resources matched to underlying project scope.
- Leads in the identification and implementation of improvement initiatives, including programmatic opportunities for increased capital efficiency and productivity in the function.
- Identifies gaps and drives cross functional improvement initiatives
- Leads provisioning of Project Services expertise as input to value improvement practices.
- Coordinates to drive IPA reviews and Project Close Out Report (PCOR) at end of project.
- Works to the priorities of a Manager Studies/Project Delivery to ensure Project Services resources and third parties (Implementation Contractors, etc.) deliver high-quality outputs and analysis.
- Collaborates with Supply and Project Contracts and Procurement teams to ensure appropriate Project Services Requirements are included in all contracts, and functional interfaces are well managed (contract variation / Project Management of Change, claims, schedule integration, etc.).
- The successful candidate will have a tertiary qualification in engineering and project management with a strong understanding of engineering processes and principals.
- You will utilise your excellent business acumen, relationship building and influencing skills in order to hold others to account.
- Your experience within a maintenance role along with a strong focus on identifying business improvement opportunities will ensure success in this role.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Reference Number – Superintendent Execution Project Control (PDM) (CQO) - 789300
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team
Refer to a friend