||Intern / Vacation Work
||US - Texas - Houston
|| | Central Standard Time
|| | Central Standard Time
BHP Billiton is a leading global resources company. Our purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability.
BHP Billiton Petroleum has a strategy to pursue significant upstream opportunities with multiple options for growth to ensure continued success. We also hold interests in exploration blocks where we explore for significant upstream opportunities in proven basins and promising prospects around the world using the latest seismic and geophysical technology to locate new resources. BHP Billiton Petroleum headquarters is located in Houston, Texas, USA.
Drilling and Completion engineers are responsible for creating a well design and executing the actions required to drill and complete a well. Typical responsibilities include designing the well; preparing cost estimates and permits for proposed well operations; working with operations management and drilling superintendents to execute the procedures prepared by the engineer; and daily surveillance of rig activities to ensure the efficient, safe completion of all operations. Students will have an opportunity to work on a specific challenging project interacting with other interns, graduates and management. Success will be measured by the quality of a specific project.
The Internship program is designed to be a springboard into the Graduate Program. We are committed to providing:
- A challenging assignment with a set of attainable expectations and deliverables
- Supervisor, team and mentor support and feedback on work-related matters
- An assigned buddy (peer level) to assist you with information about the company and social aspects of Houston
- Lunch and learns with senior management to learn about BHP Billiton Petroleum, career progression and leadership
- Professional development workshops
- Team building and social events with other interns and employees
- Participating in community service project
- Final presentation to managers and peers showcasing your internship assignment
- Pursing either a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- GPA = 3.25 or above
- Available May 15 – August 4 for at least 9 weeks; 12 weeks preferred
- Must have graduation date of December 2017 or later
- Excellent interpersonal and grammar skills (both written and verbal)
- Prior internship experience (industry experience preferred)
At BHP Billiton, we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. We offer a diverse and challenging environment with great learning and career opportunities for people who share our values. BHP Billiton's Petroleum business has exploration, development, production and marketing activities in countries around the globe, including significant positions in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, onshore U.S., Australia, and Trinidad and Tobago.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS
Refer to a friend