Leinster - Supervisor Maintenance Mechanical
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Western Australia
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
|| | W. Australia Standard Time
The health and safety of our people and our host communities is a value that drives the way we work.
Our consolidated commitment to achieving the highest level of safety performance stands at the forefront of our planning, actions and behaviours.
Mechanical Supervisor – Underground Fixed Plant
- Attractive roster 5 day on/2 days off – 4 days on/3 days off
- The opportunity to showcase your leadership qualities
- Competitive salary package including a roster allowance, share options, generous superannuation contributions and performance based bonuses
As the supervisor of the Underground Fixed Plant Maintenance section, you will be responsible for managing a dynamic and enthusiastic team ensuring that all designated work operations are carried out on the fixed assets of the mine. This maintenance will be performed in a safe and cost effective manor ensuring that the ongoing delivery of concentrate continues to meet our production requirements.
Skills and Requirements
- Currently employed in a similar role with a solid history of leading a team
- Trade Qualified in an Engineering / Technical discipline.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and communication skills.
- Experience in maintaining Underground Fixed Plant conveyance, hoisting and crushing assets.
- Experience with Double Drum Winders, Jaw Crushers and automated materials handling systems.
- Experience with 1SAP
- Ability to develop and mentor team members
- Strong commitment to maintaining operational disciplines and meeting agreed targets.
- A current license to drive a manual vehicle in Australia
On offer is a range of employee benefits including development and career opportunities together with competitive remuneration package, including share options, generous superannuation contributions, 18 weeks of paid parental leave, performance based bonuses and a great working environment.
Company Description – Nickel West
A member of the BHP Billiton Group, Nickel West produces nickel in-concentrate and has its operations located throughout Western Australia - comprising mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery.
Nickel West Leinster
Nickel West Leinster is located 375 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. The operation sources nickel ore from the Perseverance Underground Mine and Cliffs Underground Mine before crushing and processing to produce a concentrate. The Leinster Village and Township offer a unique lifestyle with more than 1400 people and all the modern conveniences – an Olympic size swimming pool, health and fitness centre, race-course and even an 18 hole golf course.
Short listing for this position will commence on 1st of February 2017, however we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the 'apply' button below.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Nickel West support Indigenous and Female participants in the workforce.
Refer to a friend