Supervisor Ancillary Maintenance (SRM)
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Queensland
||BMA - Maintenance
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
Saraji Mine is currently seeking a results driven and highly motivated maintenance professional to join the Maintenance Department as the Supervisor Ancillary Maintenance. You will be a forward thinker and have the ability to drive change and performance in the team
Reporting to the Superintendant Ancillary Maintenance, this leadership position is responsible for a team who maintain the site ancillary equipment including dozers, loaders and graders which are critical to site operations.
In this role, the key duties and responsibilities may include:
- Implementing and maintaining BMA safety standards and core values;
- Leading equipment and process improvements to ensure optimised performance for equipment across site;
- Ensure all work in your area of responsibility is carried out in a planned and controlled manner and manage site maintenance priorities;
- Managing life cycle maintenance functions for ancillary equipment while keeping in mind all maintenance strategies;
- Providing maintenance leadership to the ancillary team and to the wider maintenance department; and
- Lead and participate in site based improvement projects as required.
Demonstrated leadership skills coupled with S1, S2, S3 and G2 qualifications;
- Experience with maintaining mobile equipment;
- The ability to effectively use 1SAP and MS Office Suite;
- Understanding statutory and legislation requirements; and
- Previous mining, construction or quarry experience will be highly regarded.
The successful applicant will have strong leadership skills combined with experience in a similar position of leading Maintenance Personnel. You will have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to lead an effective team.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Reference Number – Supervisor Ancillary Maintenance 788569
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend