Specialist Site Systems (GRM)
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Queensland
||BMA - HSE, BMA - Human Resources, BMA - Maintenance
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Site Systems this role will see you provide professional expertise and support to the Site Leadership team in the development and maintenance of processes and procedures that make up the site Safety and Health Management System (SHMS), Risk Management Framework, and Site Training Scheme.
Considered a stepping stone to future senior leadership positions, this role will also provide you with interaction at all levels of the organisation, coal mining operations, corporate disciplines and both internal and external stakeholders.
The successful applicant will be responsible for proposing and leading initiatives to ensure legal compliance, and govern our SHMS, risk management and compliance framework processes. You will support site leaders as they translate safety management systems in to day to day reality. Working alongside our corporate Legal, Health, Safety & Environment, Training and Risk & Governance teams, you'll get involved in everything from audits and compliance to training and reporting. But it will be your ability to connect and build respect with team members at all levels that will really help you influence the safety culture and performance of the site.
- Tertiary qualification in Risk Management, Occupational Health & Safety (OHS), or Law, with a minimum qualification of Diploma in OHS with extensive experience.
- Ability to understand legislative and procedural requirements and translate them into documented systems for practical application.
- Strong communication, influencing and coaching skills that support you building relationships at all levels of the business.
- A proactive approach in identifying issues coupled with the confidence to generate and put forward creative solutions.
- A personable and professional approach with people at all levels of an organisation.
- A strong ability to organise and manage competing demands and priorities.
- Strong computer skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Hands on operational and site experience in Queensland Coal Mining will be viewed favourably.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Reference Number – Specialist Site Systems (GRM) /788408
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend