Principal Engineer Shovels (PDM) (CQO)
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Queensland
||BMA - Engineering, Engineering
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of businesses and commodities, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees are enabled to reach their full potential, where they feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the skills and abilities of our people are a key differentiator of our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
BMA is currently seeking a Principal Engineer Shovels within our Infrastructure and Asset Management department based in our Central Queensland office in Moranbah. In this key role you will perform a span of control by leading a team responsible for providing technical & operational knowledge & expertise to discipline leads in your area of responsibility (AOR) with regard to strategy & maintenance on overhauls of draglines & electric rope shovels.
In this role you will:
- Providing specialist advice & execution of analysis and benchmarking of the function's end-to-end performance;
- Identifying and implementing improvement initiatives that enable functional excellence & support business priorities for continuous improvement;
- Lead and manage end-to-end detailed analysis of work processes, master data, and organisation design to identify inefficiencies in the execution of work, diagnose functional and cross-functional business problems to achieve optimal maintenance outcomes and delivery against performance targets;
- Cultivate positive relationships through effective communication and provide constructive feedback to supervisors and peers on a regular basis;
- Ensuring the adoption of 1SAP processes to enable the development and deployment of maintenance work strategies within and across sub-functions;
- Lead the preparation of the shutdown budget along with other A&I principals & Superintendent by ensuring the development and validation of preventative and corrective maintenance work strategies in 1SAP;
- Assist create the 2 year budget in alignment with the Operation's 5 year plan;
- Manage the updating of work instructions and control systems;
- Participate in the completion of JSA, SWMS, WI creation, Hazard Identification & BMA Safe;
- Reduce the downtime on shovels & draglines during a shutdown (by building/maintaining maintenance strategies, understanding opportunities in component life extension, building cost & schedule models for potential strategies, developing specifications for the supply of key components and sourcing strategies);
- Development of standard Dragline specifications and support equipment.
- Provide representation at BMA sites while the department is completing a shutdown – within your AOR collate project related communications, perform audits on work being completed, provide technical assistance to Supervisors & attend progress meetings.
- Take full accountability, along with other A&I principal's for work management Master Data and its content quality. This includes all equipment maintenance strategies and associated task lists/ work instructions.
- Provides leadership with regards to the development and improvement of maintenance strategies.
- The successful candidate will have a tertiary qualification in engineering with a strong understanding of engineering processes and principals.
- You will utilise your excellent business acumen, relationship building and influencing skills in order to hold others to account.
- Your experience within a maintenance role along with a strong focus on identifying business improvement opportunities will ensure success in this role.
- A strong mechanical Knowledge of Draglines and Electric Rope Shovels is desirable.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Reference Number – Principal Engineer Shovels (PDM) (CQO) - 788056
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team
Refer to a friend