Security Assurance Manager
||Full Time - Permanent
||US - Texas - Houston
|| | Central Standard Time
|| | Central Standard Time
An outstanding opportunity exists for an enthusiastic professional to become part of our team based in Houston or Melbourne. The Security Assurance Manager will be responsible for overseeing security assurance programs, delivering security assessments, reporting on compliance levels, identifying non compliances and security vulnerabilities, and managing remediation activities. This role will report to the Head Security, Governance, Risk & Compliance.
- Ops & Infra Support teams
- OT leads
- App/Service business owners across all Operations and Functions
- Group Legal
- All Technology teams
- Multiple product vendors
- Government agencies
- Various CERTs
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for developing, executing, operationalizing and maintaining the enterprise wide Vulnerability Management Program across BHP Billiton.
- Responsible for managing the Patch Analysis and classification matrix for all applications.
- Responsible for managing the vulnerability assessments of new initiatives/changes in Security, Risk & Compliance.
- Responsible for leading the Code review of new applications in Security, Risk & Compliance to identify any security vulnerabilities.
- Responsible for conducting BU specific and enterprise-wide Threat modeling with the outcome of identifying, quantifying, and addressing the security risks associated with applications.
- Responsible for publishing monthly program metrics with the aim to characterize and communicate security effectiveness to executives and stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing, executing, operating and maintaining the enterprise wide Cyber Threat Intelligence program.
- Accountable for establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with law enforcement and federal intelligence agencies (e.g. ASIO, Interpol, NSA, etc.).
Functional and Technical Capabilities
- Experience in conduct and leadership of Ethical hacking.
- Industry certifications.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Accountable for managing cost spend against assigned budget, including timely accruals and variance explanations against budget and revised estimates where needed.
- Commits to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development, as well as BHP Billiton's Charter and Code of Conduct.
- Achievement of accountabilities in line with the BHP Billiton Charter. Reputation of self, team, and function Code of Conduct.
- Ability to oversee the performance of the team, with regular mentoring and support to further develop their ability to manage their domains.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Tertiary qualifications (at least Bachelor level) in Information Technology
- A minimum ten (10) years' experience in a Security Assurance role
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in a leadership role
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain optimal customer and stakeholder relationships
- Experience in stakeholder management and planning and ability to collaborate with senior stakeholders across multiple sites / global locations
- Industry experience, desirable, in mining, oil & gas, utilities or manufacturing
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
At BHP Billiton, we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. We offer a diverse and challenging environment with great learning and career opportunities for people who share our values. BHP Billiton's Petroleum business has exploration, development, production and marketing activities in countries around the globe, including significant positions in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, onshore U.S., Australia, and Trinidad and Tobago.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS
Refer to a friend